PEOPLE NEED ME by Hector Perez

People need me as a Good Samaritan in times of despair,
To transmit Christ's love through compassionate care.
I'll be a source of comfort who wipes away their tears,
Manifesting God's perfect love that drives away all fear.

People need me to be a voice of truth among a wayward crowd,
To destroy the deceitful lies which the devil uses as a dark shroud.
I'll share good news of hope to champion songs of jubilation,
Sparking unwavering faith that revives divine inspiration.

People need me like a bridge that connects a great divide,
To help the oppressed cross over to Christ's heavenly side.
I'll look for ways to lend a helping hand,
Lifting despondent souls whom the devil tells, "You are banned!" 

People need me as a friend who helps a weary soul to persevere ahead,
By pointing them to Christ, who crushed the serpent's head.
"In Christ, you are unshakable and have a mind that's truly sound,
SO FIX YOUR EYES ON JESUS, WHO IS YOUR ROCK AND SOLID GROUND!"

The source of this poem comes from Philippians 1:23a-25 ERV
Sometimes I want to leave this life and be with Christ. That would be much better for me; however, you people need me here alive. I am sure of this, so I know that I will stay here and be with you to help you grow and have joy in your faith. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

21st BIRTHDAY POEM FOR MY DAUGHTER, CHRISTINA

PIERCING THE DARKNESS by Hector Perez (My Story of Faith)

21st BIRTHDAY POEM FOR MY DAUGHTER, Anna August 4, 2008